- "Pathway to diplomate status of ICEVO”:
- Registered veterinarian in their jurisdiction
- A member of ICEVO (on-line or by fax or phone; fee $5o.oo CAN)
- Graduated >= 3 years (with practice experience)
- Minimum of 2 years of equine experience
- Payment of the Course Fee of $2500.00 CAN
- At this point a supervisor will be appointed (an ICEVO diplomate)
- The candidate will complete a modular course work program over a 12 month period.
- Candidate Requirements for credentialing at the end of this time will be:
- Log book of dental cases as per ICEVO standards (150 cases to include examples of multiple aspects of specialty equine dentistry)
- 2 published case reports (these may be on the ICEVO website)
- Presentation of a dental topic at an ICEVO recognized conference
- Credentialing documents must be presented through the supervisor
- If the candidate is accepted, he/she is able to sit the exam process (within 18 months – It will be held immediately prior to an ICEVO workshop)
- The exam process will be exhaustive and will include:
- Oral examination – 1.5 hour
- Practical examination – 2 X 4 hours
- Written examination – 3 hours
i. PASS MARK WILL BE 70% IN ALL sections
- The candidate will be required to meet a Continuing Education requirement of 20 hr. of equine dentistry CE in each subsequent 4 year time period.
The cost of Credentialing is $2500.00 CAD. You may pay via paypal (or credit card) by clicking on the buy now button below. Once your payment has been processed you will be redirected to the Diplomate Application form which you will fill in and submit. That will then be reviewed and a member of ICEVO will be in cotact with you.
Alternatively you may call 780-352-8483 with any questions or contact your local member of the ICEVO Executive (Click here to see contact information).